Celebrating Champions at the 2016 Polar Dip
Last week, nearly 100 people took on one of Canada's coldest challenges and plunged into the 2oC waters of Lake Ontario. WWF-Canada's 3rd annual polar dip raised over $55,000 for Arctic conservation.
Here are the top moments of some of the brave companies and champions who took the plunge:
1. Hewlett Packard Enterprise's CFO, Linda Sampson and 17 of her bravest employees make polar dipping look way too easy! With over $15,000 raised, they were the top fundraisers for the dip. Can you spot "Elvis," the rainbow ballerina and a panda in the water?
2. The new president of Coca-Cola Ltd, Christian Polge from France, dipped as part of his initiation to Canada. He enjoyed it so much he dipped twice. He was joined by 12 employees, and collectively they raised over $14,000 for WWF's Arctic conservation efforts.
3. The veteran dippers from HP Inc. have endured not one, not two but THREE polar dips. This year, they took it beyond the office walls and invited family to join in on the fun. Here is 13 year old Faisal Hussein, our youngest dipper.
4. Team Bullfrog is always up for a challenge in support of WWF. Alongside HP Inc., they make light work of their third polar dip.
5. Who in their right mind would do the Polar Dip on their vacation day? Why, that would be team IESO! Here is their green champion Mike Robertson chilling out in Lake Ontario on his afternoon off.
6. WWF-Canada's own President and CEO, David Miller, along with Lloyd Bryant, retired head of HP Canada and current WWF board member, who took the plunge in style.
7. And most importantly, the reason why we all dip: to support our Arctic conservation efforts and plan for a healthy future.